- We want as many children as possible to enjoy the wonderful British countryside and have the chance to experience the fun, independence and magic of a farm holiday.
- For this reason, Cuckoo Down Farm supports a fantastic Devon-based charity called CHICKS (Country Holidays for Inner City Kids).
- CHICKS has been going for 25 years and in that time has given 13,500 disadvantaged children a magical week's holiday on one of their three farms (one in Devon, one in Cornwall and one in Derbyshire). They need £1.5 million every year to carry on their important work.
- The children are all referred by professionals and may be young carers, victims of abuse, living in poverty, bereaved or victims of bullying. In that very special week they will relax, have fun - all screen-free, on the farm, on beach trips and in the countryside. CHICKS then stays in touch with every child throughout their childhood with birthday and Christmas cards. If their circumstances remain the same, they can have multiple holidays.
- Every year we donate a holiday at Cuckoo Down Farm to CHICKS for their annual fund-raising ball and raffle.
- We are so happy to be able to help in a small way this charity that offers something so special to so many children.
- To find out more about CHICKS, click here